Here are some walks which may be a little too long for little legs, but would be suitable for older children and often for buggies. I’ll be working hard to add more to this page over the upcoming months, let me know if you have any ideas!
👉👉Click on the links to read blog posts about my visits.
Note: Our buggy is pretty robust with big wheels (see below)- read each blog’s notes on access if yours isn’t quite so stable!
1. Harewood House, North of Leeds has a great circular route around the outskirts of the estate and through the Deer park and it’s just under 10k. It can get muddy in places- so your buggy needs to be pretty robust.
2. Golden Acre Park in North Leeds has decent paths and lots of beauty. Try this 5.5k route that visits the adjacent Breary Marsh to see the best of it. Buggy-friendly.
3. St Aiden’s RSPB reserve in South East Leeds has some good paths that are suitable for buggies. If you want even more variety, this 5.5km route starting from Lemonroyd Marina takes in the canal, a Methley cafe and the best of St Aiden’s.
4. RSPB Fairburn Ings also has good walks with buggy friendly paths, this 6km route gives great views as well as a pretty riverside path.
1. Bolton Abbey’s Barden Bridge walk near Skipton comes in at under 8k and is a gorgeous walk! Another one for a VERY robust buggy and prepare to use those muscles.
2. Swinsty Reservoir, between Harrogate and Otley is 3 miles to walk round with a buggy with great views. The neighbouring Fewston reservoir is a little longer to walk around (4miles), and more of a ‘proper walk’. Details of both here.
3. Stainforth to Catrigg Force, Nr Settle is a carrier only walk, or suitable for older children. Although only 2 miles there’s some steep climbing that our 3year old wouldn’t have been able to do herself. It’s a great walk though, lots to see and a good one if you’ve started building up to challenging walks.
4. Damflask Reservoir is 3.5 miles around its perimeter. Visit the School Rooms in Low Bradfield for family friendly food and a play area for under 10s.