With family still in the North East and a long held passion for the Lakes I’m assuming these areas will make up most of these posts! More on this page coming soon!
1. Gibside (NT) near Newcastle has everything you need for a family day out in the fresh air (including lots of walks). Would highly recommend.
2. Wallington Hall (NT) is half an hour from Newcastle and an exceptionally family-friendly National Trust property. A true favourite!
3. Adventure Valley, Durham is perfect for a sunny day of good, clean family fun. There’s plenty of farm animals, play areas and activities.
4. Grizedale (FC) in the Lakes is the place to go if forests are more your thing, with plenty of trails and awesome views to choose from.
5. Alnwick Garden, Northumberland is gorgeous and a great place to take a picnic and enjoy a sunny day in stunning surroundings. Make sure to download the app before you go; lots of fun for children!
6. Chester Zoo is a couple of hours drive from Leeds, and whilst pricey to get in, it’s great day out jam packed with fab animals and things to do. A lot of the zoo is sheltered, so a good choice if the weathers iffy.
7. Sundown Adventureland is a theme park for the under 10s and we LOVE it there, it’s a great day out with lots to do indoors as well as out!